Sunday 29 December 2013

Webcomic recommendation: 29/12/13

So sue me, I was desperate for something to make a post on and realised that I read a largish number of the things. So I'll link and do a quick review of a webcomic I've liked once a week or so.

bird and moon


bird and moon is an edutainment. Love those things. You can peruse them to your heart's content and when someone asks you why you're not studying tell them that you're doing French revision/whatever it is! In this case, it's ecology.

bird and moon makes occasional comics (less than once a week, often more like one a month) that are always vividly coloured and at least fair in length, but the art is just the icing. The actual content of its comics tends to be either some somewhat useless but pretty fun facts about plants and animals presented in an amusing manner, a lavishly illustrated chart of some sort or a reminder that humans are the worst animal. All three are great things.

The humorous strips will always, without fail, elicit at least a chuckle. It doesn't do much more than that, though, with a few exceptions. As such, it's a reliable comic, a nice comic. I don't recommend this as one of my favourites: I recommend this as one for which I can't think of a type of person to be at odds with.

Rating: PG: it may contain sexual references here and there. Also toilet humour. Animals do these things, you know! No language or graphical content though.

Art: 7/10: it's a nice style, coloured, you can tell what everything is, there's detail everywhere. It's top of the line, really, but I'm leaving some space above it for some other comics I think are really great.

Writing: 6/10. No spelling or grammar errors that I recall is a plus, but it's not much more than punchy. As an educator, the writing is great; as an entertainer, it's maybe a little above-average.

Plot: N/A. All comics are disconnected from each other. However, there are four (as of me writing this) longer comics which have something going... actually, it's been so long since I read any that I've forgotten what they're like at all. The ratings for those might be different to what I've given the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are not welcome. Keep them to yourselves as no one else wants to know what your opinion is. If you must, comment here.