Thursday 15 March 2012

Tetris post 2

I didn't really feel that I had got the essence of the game across on my Tuesday/Wednesday post, so below are the ten reasons why I like it.

In no particular order:

  • It is colourful and pretty, giving a real sense of satisfaction (mosaic wot) when you've successfully made a large rectangular pile.
  • It has catchy music.
  • The controls are intuitive. (This naturally varies from platform to platform).
  • The blocks are memorable. You will remember them as your friends and enemies after a while.
  • Tetrises and t-spins are very, very satisfying.
  • There is a clear learning curve as you go up levels and the blocks speed up.
  • It's Russian.
  • It's addictive.
  • The scores make big numbers only as rewards to perseverance.
  • It's one of the more normal things which I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are not welcome. Keep them to yourselves as no one else wants to know what your opinion is. If you must, comment here.