Tuesday 11 September 2012

My Desktop and all its Things, Part 2 of 5

Here we are again.

Hold onto your seats: you're in for the ride of your

MINECRAFT FILES: This is a shortcut to the otherwise irritatingly hard-to-reach world data, texture packs, etc. for Minecraft. It’s extremely useful for whenever I want to do anything. At all.

STEAM: I’ve had this for a good long time now, but I honestly barely have any idea how it all works. I only got it when I discovered that TF2 was free, and that’s my only game.

WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER: This is a simple thingamajig that comes free with Windows 7 (and, I’m sure, other versions). It’s functional, though basic, and when processing a longer film (anything 5 minutes up), it lags something awful.

MUSESCORE: Sibelius. Minus a £500 price tag. MuseScore is free music composition software that works well (albeit rough round the edges) in most all areas. It obviously lacks a lot of Sibelius’s features, but if you’re not as devoted as to drop that much money on one program, this is a brilliant, quick and easy download.

But you can’t slur notes.

PAINT: I don’t think Paint is appreciated nearly enough. It’s free, to start with; it almost never lags; it has a basic palette of brushes and default colours, enough for any simple diagrams, and, most of all, it’s the program for making pixel art. Plus you can use it to quickly resize other images, though you’re actually better off using Word for cropping, as you can only crop from the right and bottom of an image, as far as I can tell.

PAINTSHOP: I… I don’t even know what this is. Photoshop, similarly priced, sans a whole bunch of features, plus MASSIVE load times.

I just… really dislike Corel’s products. It’s a bit difficult to explain. But they have something inherently wrong with them.

I only keep this on my desktop for balance. FULL SCREENSHOTS IN PART 5!!!111

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are not welcome. Keep them to yourselves as no one else wants to know what your opinion is. If you must, comment here.