Saturday 22 September 2012

My Desktop and all its Things, Part 4 of 5

Apologies for the recent problems with updating. I've been a mixture of lazy and tired and homework-logged, and some of those may not have helped the others, either.

Eh, here I go.


ITUNES: I’ve never used this, and have no idea how it works. I keep it for aesthetic purposes.

I hate Apple.

PHOTOPAD: Imagine Photoshop; transition to Paint.NET; make it ridiculously basic. PhotoPad is a quick and easy way of, say, cropping pictures, adding contrast, and similar adjustments, and is a nifty download if only because it’s faster than Paint.NET for the same jobs, and will save time in the long run.

WAVEPAD: I’m not quite sure what this is supposed to do, but, again, it needs to stay to keep balance with the other Pad products.

VIDEOPAD: A great piece of video editing software that is, like the above, very basic, but free, and sufficient for most work as long as you don’t need to really edit them – putting in explosions isn’t covered here. You can make captions, annotations, narrate over the video, change volumes of certain parts, have multiple sound channels, and speed up/slow down segments, so in fact it’s probably more versatile than Windows Movie Maker overall.

EXCEL: Uh, this makes spreadsheets. You can make games of noughts and crosses and such-like on it, so that’s a plus!

ONENOTE: Uh, this makes notes. I’ve never used it; I just like the purple icon.

WORD: Uh, this makes words. Like the ones being made right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are not welcome. Keep them to yourselves as no one else wants to know what your opinion is. If you must, comment here.